Celebrating National Propane Safety Month
June 13, 2019
June is National Propane Safety Month, which means there’s no better time to show your customers that safety is your top concern. After all, they rely on you and the propane you deliver to heat their homes and keep appliances like stoves, clothes dryers, generators, and more running efficiently.
Propane is a safe, reliable energy option for homeowners and business owners. However, it is important that propane marketers make their customers aware of its potential safety hazards. How can your company help promote a culture of safety in the propane industry? Start with sending an annual Duty to Warn safety mailing!
Promote a Culture of Safety with Duty to Warn
Sending an annual Duty to Warn safety mailing is an industry best practice that is used to protect customers, employees, and companies. Here at P3 Propane Safety, our Duty to Warn safety mailing includes an introductory safety letter and a scratch-and-sniff brochure from PERC to provide comprehensive information to every customer.
The safety overview letter summarizes potential risks of propane and introduces the PERC scratch-and-sniff brochure. The letter helps to grab the customer’s attention and also serves as documentation that you directed them to the enclosed safety information. The enclosed PERC brochure provides in-depth details about propane-related safety hazards and preventative measures for homeowners. The brochure includes information like:
- What to do if you smell gas
- What to do if you run out of gas
- Carbon monoxide information and precautions
- Propane gas detector guidelines
- Propane appliance maintenance
Other Ways to Promote Safety in the Propane Industry
- Send your annual Duty to Warn each year
- Train employees (technicians, drivers, and customer service personnel) to share safety awareness and precautions with customers
- Uphold these practices to define your company as a proactive and customer service oriented company that prioritizes safety
Have you sent your annual Duty to Warn safety mailing yet this year? P3 Duty to Warn is a cost-effective, turn-key process that will help you reach customers with safety information, avoid unnecessary risk, and protect your company. Get in touch with us to get a free no-obligation quote!