Promoting a Culture of Safety in the Propane Industry
June 4, 2018
Consumers across the country count on propane to heat their homes, power their appliances, and keep daily life running smoothly. Propane is a safe, reliable energy option. However, it is important that companies and customers are aware of its potential safety hazards. Sending an annual Duty to Warn is an industry best practice that can help your propane company contribute to the industry’s culture of safety.
Supporting Safety in the Propane Industry
- Train service technicians, drivers, and office personnel to use each contact with a customer as an opportunity to improve awareness of propane safety and necessary precautions.
- Reach customers with important safety information on an annual basis.
- Become recognized as a responsible, proactive, and customer-service oriented company that puts safety first.
How Duty to Warn Comes into Play
Sending an annual Duty to Warn is an industry best practice that helps propane marketers protect their customers, their employees, and their companies. P3 Propane Safety’s Duty to Warn mailing includes an introductory safety letter and the Propane Education & Research Council (PERC) scratch-and-sniff brochure. Each offers valuable safety tips for the consumer:
Safety Overview Letter
This letter summarizes the potential safety hazards of propane and introduces the PERC scratch-and-sniff brochure. The letter is an important tool that catches the consumer’s attention and also provides documentation that your company directed the consumer to the safety information enclosed in the mailing.
PERC Scratch-and-Sniff Brochure
The PERC brochure enclosed in P3’s Duty to Warn mailing is an industry-standard that provides a detailed outline of propane-related safety hazards and safety procedures for consumers. The brochure includes important information like:
- What to Do if You Smell Gas
- Propane Gas Detector Guidelines
- Carbon Monoxide Information and Precautions
- Appliance Maintenance
- What to Do if You Run Out of Gas
June is national safety month. Have you sent out your annual Duty to Warn mailing? Sending an annual Duty to Warn through P3 is a cost-effective and convenient way to reach consumers with important safety information, prevent unnecessary safety risks, and protect your company. Contact us to get a free, no-obligation quote for your annual safety mailing!